- Login options
- How to log in with your electronic identity card (eID) or electronic alien registration card?
- How to log in using itsme?
- How to log in using a username and password?
- How to log in if you don’t have an electronic alien registration card or electronic identity card (eID)?
- Is there an app for Student@work?
- Your personal electronic identity card (eID) or electronic alien registration card
- The itsme app
- A username and password, in combination with a unique and temporary valid code:
- a security code that you receive by e-mail, or
- a code you generate with a mobile app (e.g. Google Authenticator, Duo Mobile...).
Important: you always need your eID or electronic alien registration card to configure your access for the first time. You use it to:
- activate itsme
- activate the sending of codes by e-mail
- register an authentication app
How to log in with your electronic identity card (eID) or electronic alien registration card?
Before getting started, check first that your computer is configured to use the eID or electronic alien registration card.
On the eID website you can read:
- what you need
- how to install the eID software
- how to configure your browser and software
- how to test that all works properly
How to proceed?
- Insert your eID or electronic alien registration card into the card reader.
- Go to the login page.
- Click on “Log in using your electronic identity card”.
The CSAM login window will be shown. (CSAM provides secure, unified access to online government services.)
- Click on “Continue”.
A window will appear that asks you to confirm your certificate. (A certificate is a digital key stored on your eID, that proves your identity is real.)
- Confirm your certificate.
A window will appear in which you have to type in the pin code of your eID or electronic alien registration card.
What to do if you forgot your pin code
- Enter the pin code for your eID or electronic alien registration card.
The Student@work home screen will appear.
On the FAQ website for the eID you can find solutions to common problems with:
- installing the software
- connecting the card reader
- logging into an application
If you still have problems, please contact us.
How to log in using itsme?
To use itsme, you need to:
- install the itsme app, and
- create an account using a bank card or electronic identity card (eID) or electronic alien card.
How to proceed
- Click ‘Log in via itsme’.
The itsme app opens and shows the details of the website you want to log in to.
- Click ‘Confirm’.
- Enter your itsme code.
You are logged in.
More information about logging in with itsme.
How to log in using a username and password?
Creating a username and password online
Create a username and password on the federal website “My digital keys”. You need your electronic identity card (eID) or electronic alien registration card.
What if you have forgotten your password?
Check out what to do on the website My digital keys if you forgot your password.
Entering an additional code
For secure logging into Student@work, enter an extra code in addition to your username and password. You have two options:
- get a security code sent to you via e-mail, or
- generate a code using a mobile app (e.g. Google Authenticator, Duo Mobile...).
The federal website My digital keys contains all the information about those login options.
How to log in if you don’t have an electronic alien registration card or electronic identity card (eID)?
Many non-Belgians living in Belgium possess an electronic alien registration card. You can use this card to log in electronically to Student@work, in the same way as with an eID.
Don’t you have an electronic alien registration card?
If you have worked in Belgium before, your identity should normally have been registered. If this is the first time for you, then then this is probably not the case. Not sure if you are registered? Send us your name and date of birth using the contact form. We will check it for you.
Has your identity already been registered?
If your identity has been registered, then you can get your digital keys from a local registration office. That will usually be a municipality. Do make an appointment!
Has your identity not been registered yet?
Then pay a visit to the National Social Security Office (Rijksdienst voor Sociale Zekerheid, RSZ) located within the Brussels-South station building. We will create a so called bis number for you in the Belgian National Register and provide you with a code to activate a digital key.
Consequently you have 14 days to activate one of the following keys:
- security code by e-mail
- security code generated by a mobile app
- security code via text message
You can visit us from Monday to Friday between 9 am and 12 am or after making an appointment (+32 2 509 59 59).
Don't forget to bring one of the following identity documents:
- an international ID card (European citizens only);
- an international passport.
Other identity documents (driving license, debit or credit card, transport card etc.) are not accepted. If you forget to bring the proper identification, we cannot help you.
Are you over 30? In this case, except your identity card, also bring a school certificate, so we can check you're still a student.
Is there an app for Student@work?
Yes there is! We developed a free app for your smartphone. Use the app to connect to your Student@work account from anywhere. Connecting is possible with your electronic identity card (eID) or electronic alien registration card or via itsme.
Check all details on the dedicated FAQ page about the Student@work app.